Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mrs. Bonvouloir's Math Daily






Thank you Erin Bonvouloir for sharing your practice with us!  Please remember this is a time to learn from each other.  Please comment, share, and ask questions by commenting below. Watch with your team, a coach, or in the comfort of your own home!

Some questions to ponder and respond to in the comment section:

  1. What do you want to make sure to remember about the video?
  2. What might you want to try in your classroom?
  3. Did it reaffirm any of your practices?
  4. If this is similar to your structure, do you have anything to add?
  5. Are there pieces you would like to see more in depth?
  6. What questions do you have?


Observation Norms for the Blog:
  • ·         Take a learning stance. We are not here to compare/compete/judge.
  • ·          Maintain a positive attitude and respect for the teacher.
  • ·         Ask questions and share ideas.
  • ·         Remember, anything you post will be seen by all.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love your number line anchor chart! How many stations do students participate in each day? Do they decide on their own what stations to complete? Do you have a rotation system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brea! Thanks for the comment! I really find that the number line anchor charts help the kids as they are working and have something to reference as they are trying to remember the steps. I actually just made some for subtraction as well! There are about 10 different activities going on each day in which students choose where they want to go. Some stations are with a partner, and some are individual. The chrome books are the most popular choice at the moment, so if I see a kiddo using the computer every day while others have not been able to use it, I'll have them choose something different. But it really hasn't been a problem because of the many choices. I hope that answered your questions!

      Delete
    2. Awesome! Thanks so much!

      Delete
    3. Hi Brea,
      I just added her two anchor charts to the post. Thanks for your questions and comments!

      Delete
  2. Great stuff here! Thank you so much for sharing. I loved the number webs and the story problems that they would come up with from the numbers you gave. My only problem is not really being sure on how to set up or use the Origo games online. I know my students would love doing that. Thank you for the fun ideas! I will be implementing them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jammie,
      I can send you the directions for the online Origo games and even stop by to help you and your kids set it up if you would like. It would probably take around 10 minutes to do.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. I was really hesitant (and scared) to use Slate Cast at first, which is the "app" you use to be able to have all your kiddos using the same game at once. I thought it would be too complicated and I would be fixing computer problems the whole time instead of working with a small group, but my kids caught on really fast. Slate Cast is on symbaloo too. I highly suggest using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun watching your class in action. They really know their routine and did a great job of staying on task. I love using Slate Cast with my students and they love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete